On November 19, 2010, our baby girl officially became Claire Elizabeth Washington. The hearing was surprisingly easy considering all that we had been through to get to that point. We celebrated with my mom and dad and gave thanks for all that God has blessed us with. I think the most moving part of the ceremony was when the judge said, "I hereby declare that it is in the best interest of this baby girl for her to become the daughter of David and Julie Washington." What a powerful and humbling statement to hear spoken aloud. Now, our sincere and faithful prayer is that God would make it so.
Julie, David and Claire....congratulations! This is such a wonderful, memorable post! Thank you Jesus for baby Claire! Love you all!
ReplyDeleteCourtney
Oh my goodness - this post made me cry all over again.:) I'm so glad God blessed you with Claire - she is so sweet and a wonderful blessing. She is lucky to have you both. Love, Sherri
ReplyDeleteWow, Julie...this post just gave me the chills!! I know you all will have a great time this Christmas spoiling your sweet little one! How blessed you all are!Love, Amy
ReplyDelete